We want people from our local community to engage with us in doing projects that serve the community. You do not have to attend weekly meetings and we have designed membership options to make Rotary affordable.
If this sounds attractive, read on………………..
There are 2 options: Full Rotary membership or becoming a Friend of Rotary Parys.
Full Rotary membership entitles you to the full benefits of membership of an international organisation with 1.2 million members in 35,000 clubs worldwide. Rotarians are global leaders who serve their local communities as well as take part in international projects.
As a Friend of Rotary Parys, you can be fully involved in all our local activities and projects.
Full Rotarians are internationally as well as locally focussed. They have fellowship opportunities with other clubs, both in SA and internationally and benefit from being part of a large international community. These are the benefits over and above being a Friend of Rotary Parys:-
- Receive information and emails from RI and District, e.g Rotary Leader, District Governor (DG) newsletter
- Subscribe to a Rotary magazine, either The Rotarian or Rotary Africa
- Visit other clubs
- Receive Assistant Governor (AG) and DG visits
- Attend Rotary meetings, e.g. District Conferences, RI Institutes, RI Convention etc
- Sponsor EarlyAct (primary), Interact (secondary school) & Rotaract (18-30) Clubs
- Apply for District and Global grants
- Take part in an international Rotary Friendship Exchange or other exchanges
- Take advantage of other opportunities through Rotary: e.g. visiting India to vaccinate children against polio)
Friends of Rotary Parys may well want to do some or all of the above. However, they may not be able to afford it. Hence, being a Friend provides the opportunity to be part of an extended Rotary family whilst serving their local community. Friends of Rotary Parys members can:-
- Meet for social events or other reasons (e.g braais at the Rotary Camp)
- Help manage and use the Rotary Camp, (our buildings in Parys) to raise money for or in other ways benefit the local community
- Undertake service projects in the local community
- Run EarlyAct, Interact and Rotaract clubs
- Organise, or send students to, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) Camps which teaches leadership, citizenship and teamwork to Grade 10 and 11 students
- Donate to Rotary Foundation (though they are likely to be modest contributions relative to full Rotarians)
Full Rotary membership costs R2000 per year. This is the same for Family or Corporate memberships where only the first named is logged on the Rotary International database as a full Rotarian.
Friends of Rotary Parys membership dues pay the administrative costs of running the local club such as bank charges. Any excess is spent on charitable projects in the local community. They are:-
- R400 per year for a single person
- R500 per year for Family membership
- R600 per year Corporate membership allowing a local company to nominate up to 4 representatives as Friends of Rotary Parys
You can download an application form here
If you have any questions contact the Club Secretary on email@example.com